We are looking for experienced and motivated individuals able to lead a team of professionals within our cafes. If you feel that you meet the criteria and want to be part of our quickly expanding business then submit your application below.
BASIC PURPOSE: The Café Manager is responsible for the successful operation of the café and has an extensive business knowledge relating to people, product, and profit. He/she hires, trains, manages, and oversees the café staff to ensure customers receive the highest level of satisfaction and product quality possible and leads by being a hands-on example at all times.
• Manages and motivates the café team (including: hiring, firing, performance management/discipline, and recognition duties)
• Trains new employees and provides ongoing training for all café staff
• Coordinates the café schedule, covering different shifts if necessary
• Serves as a the lead customer service contact for members at the café, including: answering questions/complaints, welcoming and other member communications
• Acts as a liaison between the café and all other departments, communicating relevant information to the café staff as needed and leads by example
• Fills in for café rolls and is hands on with day to day café needs
• Establishes, monitors and analyzes the café budget
• Develops and implements café policies and procedures
• Manages vendors and maintains inventory and labor costs
• Responsible for keeping café area clean, neat and orderly
• Orders any supplies needed for the café
• Conducts departmental meetings and daily briefings
• Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Must be highly motivated
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent management and leadership skills
• Must have effective problem solving/decision making abilities.
• Good organizational skills and attention to detail
• An understanding of food and beverage operations
• Must be able to work days, evenings, and weekends as necessary
• Must be able to work long hours and special events as needed
• Must have excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• College Education preferred. 3 years cafe management experience required
• Experience in food, beverage, and retail service is required
• Experience in the hospitability industry is preferred
• Serving it Right mandatory
• Computer/Website/POS software skills and social media knowledge/involvement a plus