Prepare breakfast, lunch, and dinner food items per guest orders in accordance with production requirements and quality standards while maintaining a safe, sanitary work environment.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reporting to the Executive Chef, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following.
- Managing the kitchen department in the absence of the Executive Chef
Controlled ordering, according to business level
- Train and educate colleagues on high standards and culinary techniques
- Monitor performance levels of all team members and act accordingly
- Maintain departmental standards as determined by the Executive Chef
- Responsible for the day to day maintenance of labor and food cost controls
- Ensure that all Health & Safety standards are met, procedures followed and that colleagues have the correct knowledge and tools to work safely
- Minimum of 4 years cooking experience in all areas of a similar high volume environment.
- Experience with administration such as food cost, schedules, menu design and labor control is an asset.
- BC Food Safe certification is required.
- Highly motivated and guest driven with the proven ability to solve problems and to make timely guest service decisions.
- Proven leadership ability that supports an environment of employee growth and development, inter-departmental teamwork, and exceptional guest service.
- Must be highly health and safety conscious and actively involved in enhancing workplace wellness.